"The O’Connor appraiser proved to be an exceptionally skilled expert witness. When the judge said, ‘I find Mr. Trotter to be a very credible witness,’ we knew we had hired the right appraiser. Thank you O’Connor & Associates.”
Margaret McClure, Bankruptcy Law Attorney
As one of the largest independent appraisal firm in the Southwest, our firm is frequently sought by legal representatives to support pending or existing litigation or estate matters. We conduct special research or reviews and value whole or partial interests in real estate. We are well staffed to consult on these matters and provide expert testimony as needed.
Our staff compliment includes two designated members of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and three additional in-house technical review specialists. The competitive market share we enjoy, as well as our nationwide recognition for published market trends, positions us as a credible and respected addition to any project team.
References are available upon request.
- Analyzed a 19-property apartment portfolio’s performance within their corresponding markets. Markets spanned four states in five major metro areas. Performance aspects included a property-by-property occupancy rate and expense analysis, in relation to competing properties in each market. Factors directly contributing to the portfolio’s performance, such as days outstanding of accounts payables and deficient expenses, were also explored. Client: Fulbright & Jaworski
- Non-court-related appraisals were prepared for Municipal Utility District-related projects. Client: Vinson & Elkins
- With less than 30 days to meet a court-ordered deadline, a team of six O’Connor appraisers prepared reports on eighteen commercial properties in and around El Paso, Texas, and Santa Theresa, New Mexico. The portfolio included an array of multi-tenant office buildings, shopping centers, leased land, and vacant land tracts. Client: private individual
- Completed numerous residential mold remediation appraisals. Client: Hoover Slovacek, LLP
- Conducted field reviews of four single-family appraisals for a case involving possible fraud. Client: Gordon & Rees
- Provided civil court testimony involving a limited partnership when one partner sued the other partners over the valuation of a partially completed medical office building. Client: private individual
- Testified in civil court as an expert witness involving a mini-storage facility in which the buyer accused the seller of fraud during the sale of the facility. Client: real estate company
- Gave deposition and prepared as expert witness for the valuation of a shopping center contaminated by a dry cleaner tenant. Client: Hirsch & Westheimer