McHenry County IL Assessment Appeal
It may not be too late to protest for 2022! Several McHenry townships are still accepting Board of Review appeals.
Contact us for more information.
O’Connor’s coordinated approach helps you save money!
Our licensed tax agents work hand-in-hand with attorneys, appraisers, and our research team has access to our proprietary data base to get the best evidence including sales and unequal appraisal data to defend a value reduction for you. As a client with O’Connor, you benefit because we have the expertise necessary
to appeal at every level:
- Negotiations with the McHenry County Assessor
- McHenry County Board of Review
- The Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB)
- 1750 E. Golf Road, Suite 389, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Property Tax Protection Program™ is powered by O’Connor & Associates
McHenry County Property Tax Reduction Services
- Yes, O’Connor CAN help you reduce your property taxes
- Yes – there is NEVER a fee unless we reduce your property taxes
- Simple on-line enrollment in just 2 or 3 minutes
Our services are available to all townships within McHenry County:
- Chemung Township
- Alden Township
- Hebron Township
- Richmond Township
- Burton Township
- Dunham Township
- Hartland Township
- Greenwood Township
- McHenry Township
- Marengo Township
- Seneca Township
- Dorr Township
- Nunda Township
- Riley Township
- Coral Township
- Grafton Township
- Algonquin Townshipv
David Kieta, Property Tax Consultant
David Kieta heads residential and commercial property tax consulting for O’Connor’s Chicago office. Prior to joining O’Connor, David worked for the Cook County Board of Review as a residential appeal analyst and was later promoted to commercial appeal analyst. His experience with the county is key in providing the team at O’Connor an inside perspective to the appeal process that is leveraged to the benefit of our clients. David is a graduate of Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology.
ENROLL TODAY In the Property Tax Protection Program™
Your property taxes will be aggressively protested every year by the #1 property tax firm in the country. If your taxes are not reduced you PAY NOTHING, and a portion of the tax savings is the only fee you pay when your taxes are reduced! Many FREE benefits come with enrollment.
How to Protest your Property Taxes with O’Connor
1. Review your property tax assessment
- Does it look right? Do you feel it should be lower?
- Are these mistakes?
- Is the assessor’s market value higher than actual market value?
2. Enroll online with O’Connor
- We analyze existing documents
- Our agents research, prepare evidence and present appeals on your behalf
- Your assigned team coordinates a mutually agreed lawsuit when appropriate
The Property Tax Protection Program™ Works for You!
It’s YOUR RIGHT to file a property tax appeal each year. It’s also YOUR MONEY that the County keeps when you overpay. Not anymore! Enrollment in the RISK-FREE program means your family is protected for as long as you own your home.
- No cost to enroll
- Free secure customer portal designed for your convenience
- Free subscription to tax saving tips throughout the year
Our Proven Process:
- Analyzes existing assessments
- Researches, prepares and presents property tax appeals on your behalf at informal hearings
- Coordinates a mutually agreed lawsuit, if appropriate
You are not billed for court costs, appraisals, expert witness fees or legal fees. You pay us only if we reduce your taxes! You have zero risk.
Property Tax Protection Program™ Benefits
- No flat fees or upfront costs. No cost ever unless your property taxes are reduced.
- All practical efforts are made every year to reduce your property taxes.
- Never miss another appeal deadline.
- Property taxes protested for you annually.
- You do not have to accept the appraisal district's initial guesstimate of value.
- We coordinate with you regarding building size / condition to avoid excess taxes.
- Free support regarding homestead exemptions.
- Some years are good - typically 6 to 7 out of 10 will result in tax reduction for you.
- The other 3 to 4 years out of 10 we strike out. Most often due to people issues in the hearing process. Some years we get an easy appraiser at the informal; some years someone who is impossible to settle with.
Property Tax Help Specialists
O’Connor provides property tax appeal services to over 100,000 clients in over 40 states. Client tax savings totaled over $120 million in 2020. O’Connor has been serving property owners since 1974, almost 50 years. Client tax savings total over $1,000,000,000.
O’Connor measures its success in client property tax savings, not billings. Our goal is to save clients $1 billion annually.
With over 200 property tax experts, many of whom have worked with us for 10+ years, O’Connor has the expertise to help with your property tax questions and appeals. We literally wrote the books on property tax reduction:
- Mass Appraisal for Commercial – What Every Commercial Property Owner Should Know!
- What You Need to Know about Business Personal Property
- Cut Your Texas Property Taxes
The steps to appeal are complicated and may seem like too much work, but when O'Connor represents your property for appeal, we handle the details. We provide a property tax reduction service to residential homeowners in exchange for a contingency fee of 50 percent of all property taxes saved through administrative hearings or judicial appeal, for that tax year.