If I serve in the armed forces, may a taxing unit waive penalty and interest due on delinquent taxes?

State law allows you to request a waiver of penalty and interest on your delinquent taxes if you are in the United States armed forces during a war or national emergency declared in accordance with federal laws. To receive the waiver, you should file a Military Property Owner’s Request for Waiver of Delinquent Penalty and Interest form within 60 days from the earliest date of the following events: (1) discharge from the active military service; (2) return to the state for more than 10 days; (3) return to non-active duty status in the reserves; or (4) the war or national emergency ends.