Nebraska (NE)

Official State Website
Capital Lincoln Largest City Omaha

How to Appeal Property Taxes in Nebraska

Protests must be filed between June 1 and June 30 of each year. Important factors to consider when filing a protest include: v The protest must be signed and filed with the county clerk on or before June 30. (If June 30 falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the protest will be considered timely filed if submitted in person or postmarked on the next business day.) v Each protest must contain a written statement of why the requested change in assessment should be made, and also include a description of the real property. v A protest will be dismissed if the protest is not filed by June 30, a written statement of the reasons for the protest is not provided, or the protest does not contain a description of the property. v If protesting multiple parcels of real property, a separate protest must be filed for each parcel. v By filing a protest, the assessed value of your property may be increased if the county board of equalization finds that your property was undervalued by the county assessor.

Visit the State Property Tax Site For More Information
Go Back