New York (NY)

Official State Website
Capital Albany Largest City New York

How to Appeal PropertyTaxes in New York

If you disagree with your Assessed Value, You can challenge your Assessed Value by appealing with the NYC Tax Commission, an independent agency. The Tax Commission can: reduce your property's assessment; change its tax class; adjust exemptions. Before filing with the Tax Commission, review your Notice of Property Value (NOPV) and if it has a line called "Effective Market Value", you must prove that your current market value is less than the Effective Market Value in order to win your Tax Commission appeal.

Visit the State Property Tax Site For More Information
Go Back